[lwptoc min=”5″ title=”Contents”]
You must have seen those DIY hair cutting tutorials on YouTube. Going to a salon every 6 to 8 weeks can be an expensive affair. This is especially true for people who have rapid hair growth. This is why many people prefer to cut their own hair.
Cutting your own hair can be a little tricky. But if you know the right way, then you can definitely create a great look all by yourself. Since you cannot see the back of your head, it can be a little difficult for the first time. But once you get the hang of it, you will be good to go.
If you want to know how to cut your own hair, then we have got your back. In this article, we will discuss the steps for both men and women.
Preparing For A Hair Cut
Before we move onto the steps, let’s walk you through the preparation stage. Here are a few of the things you need to keep in mind before you start.
You need to have the required tools to cut your own hair. You need to arrange for things like a tail comb, mirror, clippers, scissors, etc.
- Selecting the right hair cut
You should select the haircut according to what suits your face. Also, make sure that it is a simple haircut that can be easily done at home.
- Wash your hair
Before cutting your hair you need to wash your hair with shampoo, just like they do it in the parlor. This will help you to untangle your hair and cut it properly.
- Smoothen your hair
It is advised you to smoothen or straighten your hair before cutting. This is mainly applicable for people who have long, wavy or curly hair.
Hair Cutting Guide For Men
For those who want to know how to cut your own hair men, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Most men’s haircuts are done using clippers. They shorten their sides and keep the hair on top long. To achieve this look, you should start shaving from the sides and the back of your head.
- You should run the clippers up. In other words, you should start at the bottom and then move the clippers up. Once you are done with the sides, you need to move to the back and follow the same technique.
- To cut the back of your hair, you are advised to use a mirror. This will help you to see the back and thus, you can cut your hair comfortably. You need to move your clippers up from your neckline.
- If you want to give yourself a fade, then you need to first decide where to start it from. You need to gradually blend the hair by changing the combs. Make sure that the lines are symmetrical on both sides. This is actually quite difficult and therefore, it’s better to leave to the professionals.
- To cut the hair on the top, you need to section them accordingly. Grab your hair from different sections and cut your hair short.
- For the front part of your hair, comb it down and cut it across your forehead. If you have bald spots or a big temple, then it’s better to keep your hair long in the front.
- With the help of a trimmer, you can clean up your hairline, and you are done.
Related Article For reading: Best Men Hair Cutting and type of hairstyle | Do you want to Look handsome Check
Well, now you know how to cut your own hair short. Follow these steps and you will be good to go.
Hair Cutting Guide For Women
If you are looking for steps on how to cut your hair women, then go through the pointers given below.
- First of all, you need to part your hair in different sections, two in the front and two at the back. Clip all the four sections with alligator clips. Make sure that the sections don’t mix up with each other. You can use a tail comb to create the sections.
- Start from one side. Comb your hair down and grab them with your first and middle fingers. Now cut the desired length from the bottom. You need to do the same thing on the other side as well.
- While cutting the second section in the front, make sure that it matches the length of the first section. You can use your finger to measure the length.
- For the back section, comb and bring your hair in the front from the sides and grab it using your middle and first finger. Since the angles are changing, you need to be careful while cutting this section. Make sure that your lines are straight. Follow the same steps for the other back section as well.
- If you want to cut fringes or locks, then take a small section of hair in the front and comb them down your forehead. Measure the length from the bottom and cut it. Don’t cut off a long portion in the first go. Once you comb your hair back into its initial position, the angle will change.
Well, that’s how you can cut your own hair. All you have to do is follow these steps and you will be done. If you want to know how to cut your own hair in layers, then learn the steps for layer cut first. You can check some of the YouTube tutorials.
Once you cut your hair, you can style them using your hair styling products. But before that check all the sides, whether they are even or not. This is applicable to both men and women.
Cutting your own hair is not easy. But you can still give it a try at home. But if you are not confident about the steps on how to cut your own hair in layers ponytail, then don’t. It is actually better to leave haircuts to the professionals because they do it the best.
If you accidentally cut too much hair, don’t panic. There are a lot of ways to boost your hair growth and one of them is recommended by Hair Guard.