Most of the time, curly hair leads to dry and frizzy hair. The curly hair type is usually tangled which commonly results in a high amount of frizz on the hair. Luckily, frizzy hair can be easily manageable and turns into soft and lustrous hair look. Proper caring of the hair is the key with the support of the best comb for frizzy hair.
We reviewed 5 of the best combs in the market that basically help in detangling frizz and make the hair soft and smooth. Moreover, we will also share some tips on how to properly comb your hair to a frizz-free look. Check them out below!
Proper Way of Combing a Frizzy Hair
Below are some helpful tips on how to comb out frizz on the hair properly and appropriately:
1. Do the combing when the hair is still wet
Combing the hair when it is already dry may basically lead frizz. That’s why it is already crucial to comb the hair when still wet with some conditioner. This will help in the prevention of making the hair frizz.
It is highly advisable to put some conditioner over the hair and comb it right away using a wide-tooth comb. Basically, the conditioner acts in softening the hair locks and combing it right away will prevent any frizz on the hair.
2. Incorporate some oil
Generally, another excellent method on taming the dry and frizzy hair is to incorporate even a small amount of oil into your hair care regimen. Do this along with your hair washing by taking about 1 to 2 drops of oil and combine it generally with shampoo or your favorite conditioner. What the oil does is it supports in maintaining the hair moisture thus preventing it from drying. The best oil choices of oil for preventing hair dryness are argan oil, coconut oil, olive oil, and castor oil.
3. Avoid blow-drying
Usually, scalp dehydration generally comes from blow drying of the wet hair. Consider doing some ways on drying hair without the incorporation of heat in order to style the hair. This way will not give you a dry and frizzy hair.
Moreover, in styling the hair, you can use your fingers to naturally set it. Give them some bonus by putting on essential oils, hydrating mask, or serum. Keep in mind to avoid using heating tools in styling the hair as it can make the hair really frizzy.
4. Use a wide-tooth comb regularly
The wide-tooth comb basically helps your hair from being damaged as it also makes the hair frizzy as well. That’s why it is always better to comb your hair using this type of comb. Aside from that, wide-tooth comb with soft bristles is an added bonus because this combination will generally detangle your hair.
5. Put some amount of apple cider vinegar
If you are still looking for more easy option in combing the hair, the application of apple cider vinegar is an excellent quick fix. Just simply combine 3 parts of apple cider vinegar and 4 parts of water and store it in a bottle eventually. After that, you can already spray it over the tresses.
Immediately get a comb with a wide-tooth and comb your hair. Doing this will generally prevent the development of frizz on the hair.
6. Be patient
Basically, hair frizz should not be a reason for making you harsh on your scalp. Aggressive hair combing is not a solution in maintaining frizz-free hair. Besides, harsh combing may result in hair loss issues. That’s why the best thing to do is to be patient at all times when you comb.
What to look for when you buy the best comb for frizzy hair?
Since the best comb for frizzy hair is one of the essential things that you must have in order to properly manage your hair; you just need to be very keen in your buying decision. To give you a helping hand, below are the important factors that you must have to consider in buying the best comb for frizzy hair.
* Hair length and density
Generally, longer hair will demand a different type of comb compared to short-length one. Moreover, denser hair will also do the same. Yet, in terms of choosing the best comb for frizzy hair make sure that you will opt for the one that can manage, control, and style the hair regardless of its length and density.
Actually, the best comb for frizzy hair entails various materials to come up with a good one. Aside from plastic, you could also see combs made out of wood, bone or horn, metal, cellulose acetate, and synthetic materials. The material of the comb may highly affect the quality of it, its performance, and the durability. However, you must have to take into account the best comb for frizzy hair containing any of those materials for convenience purpose.
Here is a quick look at the various materials and they differ from each other:
Compared to the other materials, the wood seems to be extremely durable as it has a high quality. The most common wood material that can make up the best comb for frizzy hair is Sandalwood and Bamboo. They are actually less porous and generally permit the even distribution of hair’s natural oils and even the conditioner when applied over the hair.
The good thing in relation to the use of the best comb for frizzy hair made from wood is that it is very gentle on the scalp. Aside from that, you will basically not experience any static in using it as it has a smooth construction having rounded tips. Moreover, the wood type of comb emits a very good scent. The only downside is that it is quite expensive compared to plastic-type.
BONE OR HORN
Another good material for the best comb for frizzy hair is the bone or horn. It is generally of high quality and very durable. The gliding of the comb through the hair strands is actually smooth flowing due to its hand-polished making process.
Basically, the comb made from this material is good for managing the hair, styling it, and train the strand to grow in a good direction. However, they tend to be heavier and thicker compared to other combs. Actually, this comb is not common on the market making it very hard to find.
Cellulose acetate is basically considered as natural plastic. Yet, this far more costly compared to those best comb for frizzy hair that comes from regular plastic. If you are looking for a smooth finish comb, go for a saw cut cellulose acetate comb. Generally, you will not experience any static, it will be effortless to use, and easy to clean.
Among the materials for the best comb for frizzy hair, the metal one is light in weight, durable, and usually has different types of teeth.
* Size and width of the comb’s teeth
Usually, a thick and frizzy hair calls for a wide-tooth comb than with a denser hair that only needs comb with fine teeth. So, this basically means that the best comb for frizzy hair which is coarse is different from those with finer hair.
Best Comb for Frizzy Hair
OUR TOP PICK: Carbon Fiber Fine and Wide Tooth Hair Comb
The Carbon Fiber Fine and Wide Tooth Hair Comb contains fine teeth on the half side and wide teeth on the other half. Generally, the wide teeth part is specifically designed for frizzy and curly hair types that are hard to pull. Aside from that, two short combs having small hooks on the upper portion making the hair separation easier. It has a practical shaped handle which basically supports smooth combing.
Purchasing this Carbon Fiber Fine and Wide Tooth Hair Comb will basically give you a package of 6 pieces comb that comes in an elegant black shade. Due to its carbon fiber material, this best comb for frizzy hair is actually heat-resistant and highly durable for long-term use. You would also never go wrong in choosing this comb as it has an anti-static feature and frizz-free hair styling.
- Amount of package: you will receive totally 6 pieces carbon fiber cutting combs in...
- Creative design: unlike other fine teeth comb and parting combs, this comb is half...
- Fine and wide tooth hair barber comb: the black styling combs adopt practical shaped...
- Stable and durable: these heat resistant barber hairdressing combs are made from...
- Wide range of application: the fine teeth combs are proper for both men and women to...
With its creative design using the combination of half fine teeth and half wide teeth in one comb, the Carbon Fiber Fine and Wide Tooth Hair Comb can easily pull out any frizz on the hair. Stability and durability is not actually a problem when you use this best comb for frizzy hair due to its anti-static and heat resistant features. Generally, this comb also works well as a comb and hair pick which is applicable on dry and frizzy hair.
✔️With both fine and wide teeth
X None so far
Kent 12T Detangling Coarse Hair Comb
Another best comb for frizzy hair on the list is the Kent 12T Detangling Coarse Hair Comb. It is generally hand made from excellent quality material. Moreover, the process of making this comb is done by cutting big sheets of cellulose acetate. Due to this, you will basically get a real gentle comb.
The good thing about Kent 12T Detangling Coarse Hair Comb is that the cellulose acetate material that it is made of is very flexible, tactile, and strong. Using this can never damage your hair and scalp as this best comb for frizzy hair glides on the hair in an effortless manner. Aside from that, the teeth of the Kent 12T Detangling Coarse Hair Comb have rounded edges offering a smooth and comfortable glide on the hair.
- Dressing Comb: 5.7 Inch Tortoise Shell finish. This wide-tooth comb is designed to...
- Effortless glide: This saw cut, coarse toothed comb is perfect for sensitive scalps...
- Handmade Kent comb: Handmade from a large sheets of cellulose acetate rather than...
- Daily hair care: Wide tooth detangler comb, very flexible, long lasting, hand saw-cut...
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: We guarantee you’ll love our product! We offer a 100%...
- With wide-tooth comb for the purpose of painless glide on the hair without pulling it thus preventing breakage and scratching of the scalp
- The length of the comb measures 5.7-inch tortoise shell construction
- Removes knots and tangles easily making effortless hairstyling without volume loss
- Excellent for individuals with sensitive scalps due to its saw cut and coarse toothed comb
- Great in stimulating the hair’s natural oils through its microscopically smooth teeth.
- Features flexibility, durability, and waterproof
- Produced using large sheets of cellulose acetate via a handmade process
- Made from tactile and flexible, non-petroleum based materials sourced out from plants creating less static on the hair
- Saw-cut to guarantee a smooth edge that prevents snagging of hair follicles
✔️ Bristles are widely distributed
✔️ Glides easily on tangled hair
✔️ Slightly flexible
X Not suitable for women’s pocket
Breezelike Detangling Wood Hair Comb
The Breezelike Detangling Wood Hair Comb generally comes from natural green sandalwood which creates a long-lasting elegant wood aroma. This best comb for frizzy hair can relax the nerve and relieve stress due to the natural fragrance of the sandalwood. It is generally ranked on the high position and created using traditional handicrafts.
Moreover, the Breezelike Detangling Wood Hair Comb does not produce static when in use. And every piece of this best comb for frizzy hair contains a unique wood grain. Due to the traditional belief that sandalwood purifies the soul, the Breezelike Detangling Wood Hair Comb is perfectly considered to cleanse the hair. Its appearance gives a more antique look because of the natural green tone of sandalwood.
- This wooden wide tooth detangling comb is made with 100% natural fragrant green...
- Handmade, smooth and seamless, easy to detangle thick long curly hair, around 7.1"...
- No snags, no static, no frizz, reduce hair breakage and split ends, perfect for...
- Natural sandalwood aroma and round wood teeth help to relieve tension and massage...
- A genuine Breezelike comb is a premium quality comb with inscribed brand logo, brand...
- With static feature because the sandalwood is considered as natural insulators ensuring that static from friction will never produce
- Highly handcrafted by skilled craftsman
- Can easily detangle frizzy hair due to its smooth and seamless feature
- With 7.1” length
- Generally reduces breakage and split ends
- The wide teeth in combination with the natural scent of the sandalwood relieve the tension on the hair and massage the scalp at the same time.
- Distributes hair conditioners and oils evenly and easily over the scalp
- Made of premium quality materials that detangle frizz
✔️ With wide tooth
✔️ Natural scent of sandalwood
X Breaks up just within a week or two
X Not applicable for wet hair
Bardeau Essentials Wide Tooth Comb
The Bardeau Essentials Wide Tooth Comb is the best comb for frizzy hair as it is a 7” professional-grade comb. It is generally a high-quality comb that can attend on every styling need. This comb is also perfect as a styling comb suitable for men that uses pomade products or gels. Styling the hair using the Bardeau Essentials Wide Tooth Comb will not compromise the volume of the hairstyle.
Compared to combs made out of wood or plastic, this best comb for frizzy hair is generally durable and features a long-lasting product life. The black carbon fiber material that it has offers heat and chemical resistant features as well as anti-static ability. And due to its durability, it can highly withstand the external effect of the environment and perfectly suitable even for personal use.
- CARBON FIBER: Lighter and Significantly Stronger than Plastic Combs.
- HEAT RESISTANT AND ANTI STATIC: Unlike a plastic comb or wooden brush, our combs are...
- SALON QUALITY: Professional Grade, Durable and Built to Last. Perfect for...
- VERSATILE: Perfect for both salon, barber and cosmetology supplies and will work with...
- QUALITY HAIR CARE ACCESSORIES: We are very confident in our product and offer a 100%...
- Generally light in weight and relatively stronger compared to plastic combs
- It can highly resist until 356OF which is good in preventing fly away due to anti-static feature
- Made out of durable and professional-grade materials that are excellently good for professional and home use
- Very versatile as it can even bring on travel as a pocket comb for hair and beard use making it as a universal hair comb
✔️ Do not produce a static electric shock
✔️ Comfortable to use
✔️ Do not scratch the scalp
X Easily breaks
Myhsmooth Wide Tooth Sandalwood Comb
Myhsmooth Wide Tooth Sandalwood Comb is a handmade comb made out of wood, horn, hair sticks, and scraping plate. It generally comes from Chinese traditional handicrafts which contain premium quality ingredients that are purely natural. The handmade process tends is improved by the local craftsmen who continuously enhance their craftsmanship.
The green sandalwood is also one of its finest ingredients producing not static and no-snag on the hair. Myhsmooth Wide Tooth Sandalwood Comb becomes the best comb for frizzy hair as it works perfectly on improving the blood circulation on the scalp. In addition to this, using the Myhsmooth Wide Tooth Sandalwood Comb helps in reducing hair loss, dandruff, gray hair, and even headache. It also lowers down the tension and aids in the relaxation of the head.
Another good thing that this best comb for frizzy hair offers is the natural aromatic smell of the comb that generally last for long hours. Even though it is less precise compared to a machine-made comb, the Myhsmooth Wide Tooth Sandalwood Comb reveals uniqueness.
- 100% handmade of green sandalwood comb ,which is naturally no static, will not snag...
- Due to the nature of real green sandalwood, the color could vary, some are...
- Improve blood circulation; reduce hair loss, dandruff, headache and gray hair;Pack of...
- With aromatic scent,it is helpful to reduce tension and help...
- Premium quality hair comb, with an excellent after-sales service, perfect for gifting
- Purely handmade from green sandalwood material
- The color varies depending on sun exposure
- Enhance blood circulation on the scalp
- Boost the hair growth
- Registered handicraft comb product in the US
✔️ Made of excellent quality material
X Does not smell like sandalwood
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: DOES BRUSHING MAKE HAIR LESS FRIZZY?
A: Brushing the hair will basically reduce the frizz especially if the hair is straight. Moreover, brush with boar bristle work on distributing the natural oils of the scalp. This primarily helps in making the hair smooth and glossy looking.
Q: HOW DO YOU STOP FRIZZY HAIR NATURALLY?
A: Preventing the frizz of the hair will be achieved by making some helpful home remedies. These include the following:
- Using hair mask containing banana, honey, and olive oil
- Application of the excellent combination of vitamin E and coconut oil
- Rinsing the hair with apple cider vinegar
- Putting a mixture of honey and yogurt on the hair
- Giving the hair some mayonnaise with almond oil and eggs
Q: HOW TO FIX FRIZZY HAIR?
A: Here are some helpful tips on fixing frizzy hair issues:
- Making use of the appropriate shampoo
- Work on frizz by application of leave-in conditioner
- Remove tangles while in the shower
- Avoid using cotton hair towel
- Dry your hair thoroughly when performing the blow-drying process
- Change hairspray use with anti-frizz hair oil
The best comb for frizzy hair generally helps in removing tangles and making the hair smooth and glossy. A smooth glide will be achieved when you use the appropriate comb that will highly address your hair problem. Yet, when it comes on buying this comb, always consider the hair length and density, comb material, size and width of the comb teeth, and the other features that come with it.
Moreover, when it comes on the comb to solve the frizz, choosing a high-quality one is generally the best option of investment for your crowning glory. So, instead of buying for a comb of any kind, it is better to select the one that can provide a glossy hair look for a long period of time.