If you’ve recently gotten LVL lashes or are considering getting them, you may be wondering how long they last and if you can still wear mascara with them. This comprehensive guide will provide all the information you need about the lifespan of LVL lashes and whether or not mascara is a suitable option.
What are LVL lashes?
LVL lashes, also known as lash lift and tint, are a popular beauty treatment that enhances the natural lashes. Unlike traditional lash extensions, LVL lashes work with your natural lashes to give them a lifted and curled appearance. The process involves perming the lashes and tinting them to create a more dramatic and defined look. LVL lashes are a great option for those who want to enhance their natural lashes without the need for extensions.
How long do LVL lashes last?
The lifespan of LVL lashes can vary depending on several factors, including the individual’s natural lash growth cycle and how well they take care of their lashes. On average, LVL lashes can last anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks. However, it’s important to note that as the natural lashes shed and new ones grow in, the appearance of the LVL lashes may start to diminish. To maintain the best results, it is recommended to get a touch-up or a new LVL treatment every 6 to 8 weeks.
Can you wear mascara with LVL lashes?
It is generally not recommended to wear mascara with LVL lashes. The purpose of LVL lashes is to enhance the natural lashes and provide a lifted and curled look without the need for mascara. Mascara can weigh down the lashes and potentially damage the LVL treatment. Additionally, removing mascara can be more difficult and may require rubbing or pulling on the lashes, which can also cause damage. If you want to enhance the look of your LVL lashes, it is best to use a lash serum or a clear lash conditioner specifically designed for use with lash extensions.
How to care for LVL lashes?
Caring for your LVL lashes is essential to ensure they last as long as possible. Here are some tips to help you maintain your LVL lashes:
1. Avoid getting your lashes wet for the first 24 hours after the treatment.
2. Be gentle when cleansing your face and avoid rubbing or pulling on your lashes.
3. Use oil-free makeup remover to remove any eye makeup, avoiding the lash line.
4. Avoid using waterproof mascara or any oil-based products on your lashes.
5. Brush your lashes daily with a clean spoolie brush to keep them looking neat and separated.
6. Avoid sleeping on your face to prevent your lashes from getting crushed or bent.
7. Avoid using eyelash curlers, as they can damage the LVL treatment.
8. If you notice any lashes starting to fall out or become misshapen, avoid pulling or picking at them and consult your technician for a touch-up.
9. Schedule regular maintenance appointments with your technician to keep your lashes looking their best.
10. Be mindful of any activities that may put excessive strain on your lashes, such as swimming or using saunas, as these can affect the longevity of your LVL lashes.
By following these care tips, you can ensure that your LVL lashes last for their recommended lifespan and continue to enhance your natural beauty.
Pros and cons of LVL lashes.
Like any beauty treatment, LVL lashes have their pros and cons. Here are some factors to consider:
1. Natural-looking: LVL lashes enhance your natural lashes, giving them a lifted and curled appearance without the need for extensions.
2. Low maintenance: Unlike lash extensions, LVL lashes require minimal upkeep. Once the treatment is done, you can enjoy beautiful lashes without the need for daily mascara application.
3. Long-lasting results: With proper care, LVL lashes can last up to 6-8 weeks, allowing you to enjoy the benefits for an extended period.
4. Mascara-friendly: Unlike lash extensions, you can still wear mascara with LVL lashes if desired, further enhancing the look of your lashes.
1. Not suitable for everyone: LVL lashes may not be suitable for individuals with very short or sparse lashes. It’s best to consult with a technician to determine if you are a good candidate for the treatment.
2. Initial cost: The initial cost of the LVL lash treatment may be higher compared to regular mascara or strip lashes. However, considering the long-lasting results, it can be a cost-effective option in the long run.
3. Limited customization: Unlike lash extensions, LVL lashes do not offer the ability to customize the length or thickness of the lashes. They work with your natural lashes to enhance their appearance.
Overall, LVL lashes can be a great option for those looking for a natural and low-maintenance lash enhancement. Consider the pros and cons and consult with a professional to determine if LVL lashes are the right choice for you.