Several research projects have found out that e-cigarettes are safer than traditional cigarettes in many ways. Individuals that have tried to use e-cigarettes have reported positive changes in their smoking habits since they can control their nicotine consumption.
An e-cigarette is designed to help people quit smoking, but it also has some health risks that people should pay more attention to. Different research suggests that e-cigarettes cause hair loss since nicotine contains different chemicals that are harmful to the hair follicles and also the flow of blood.
With that in mind, it is worth knowing more about e-cigarettes and hair loss.
What is an E-Cigarette?
It is a device designed to produce vapor that contains nicotine, flavors, and other compounds, unlike traditional cigarettes, which deliver nicotine in the smoke. E-cigarettes are electronically powered and use vape juice as the consumable element. People vape as e-cigarettes for many reasons such as leisure, health, or quitting smoking.
What Effects Does Nicotine Have on Hair?
Unfortunately, various research findings have linked nicotine to premature hair loss. This has been a concern in the medical world and experts are still working to know exactly what happens. Here is how it results in hair loss:
· Causes damage to the hair follicles ? Nicotine is full of compounds that are dangerous to the hair follicles. once consumed, it slows down the normal growth of hair by weakening the hair follicles. The hair could also start to fall off, especially in older adults.
· It affects blood circulation ? Minerals, nutrients, and oxygen are the primary requirements that promote hair growth. When you consume large amounts of nicotine, it tampers with the normal circulation of blood, which causes premature hair loss. Hair development has four stages with the resting stage being one of them. Nicotine consumption stresses hair follicles, causing them to undergo a long period of rest. The hair will continue to fall off and the follicles will fail to replace them since they are now dormant.
· Weakens the immune system ? The more you consume nicotine, the weaker your immune system becomes. When this happens, the chances of your scalp getting infected by different bacteria and fungi are high. As a result, your hair follicles will get damaged and become reluctant from producing hair.
How to Prevent Hair Loss When Using E-Cigarettes
There are different measures you can follow to reduce hair loss when using e-cigarettes. This is highly recommended by medical experts, especially if you have an underlying condition that could aggravate hair loss. They include the following:
· Alternating to other types of e-juices ? The good thing about e-cigarettes is that you can replace nicotine with other types of e-juices. Search for e-juices that don?t have any negative side effects on your hair and body. As a newbie, finding the best e-cigarette can be challenging, but you can visit ePuffer web shop for quality e-cigarettes.
· Reducing the amount of nicotine consumed ? You can always train yourself to reduce the amount of nicotine you consume. By doing this, you will be reducing the side effects it brings to your hair and body.
· Consuming healthier e-juices – Some vape juices contain ingredients such as essential oils, vitamins, and minerals that promote the growth of strong hair and good blood circulation.
Different research shows that e-cigarettes are the best alternative for people who are trying to quit smoking. However, the nicotine presence may cause devastating side effects such as hair loss. The above article provides you with everything you need to know about e-cigarettes and hair loss. Therefore, make the right choices to prevent any further damage.