Taming frizzy hair is a challenge, but it’s not impossible. If the hair is dry and lacks moisture, it will end up frizzy. Strange as it may seem, if the weather is humid, frizzy hair gets worse. This happens because the dry hair absorbs the moisture in the atmosphere and causes each hair cuticle to swell up instead of being flat. The scales of the hair divide and pouf up in moist air. The result is frizzy hair. Any factor that dries hair can worsen frizzy hair. Shampoo and styling gel that contain alcohol are a culprit. Heated styling tools also dry out hair and cause frizzy hair. If you want instant smoothness, the best anti frizz spray for curly hair works like a magic wand.
Before you bring out the best anti frizz spray for curly hair try these 5 home remedies
Apple cider vinegar
Healthy hair will have a PH level on the acidic spectrum. The range is between 4.5 and 5.5. If your hair is within this range, the cuticles are healthy, closed, and flat. When alkaline goes up, the cuticles open up, and frizzy hair happens. Apple cider vinegar has slightly acidic properties. This evidence has shown that when you apply it directly onto the hair, it stops the frizz. Apple cider vinegar is also great at removing build-up on hair leaving strands shinier. Another advantage of apple cider is its antibacterial and antifungal benefits. It can potentially reduce dandruff.
To use apple cider vinegar.
- Combine a cup of organic apple cider vinegar with a quart of lukewarm water
- Pour as much as you need on to your hair. The excess can be stored for later use, or you also have the option of using the entire mixture if your hair is especially thick and long.
- Let the mixture steep on your hair for up to 3 minutes.
- Rinse out the mixture with cold water
- Air dry your hair
Do this method once or twice a week. Although apple cider has a strong odor the smell should be gone after rinsing it out.
High amounts of lauric acid are present in coconut oil. When used on hair, coconut oil is absorbed at once so it can be a source of moisture to the hair and minimize protein loss. You can use coconut oil prior to washing your hair or after wash treatments. Either way, coconut oil will increase moisture and stop the frizz.
- Place a dime-sized amount of natural coconut oil on to your palms. Gently work the coconut oil through your hair as well as your scalp.
- Let it steep on to your hair for up to 15 minutes.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with shampoo to completely remove the coconut oil
You have the option of leaving a certain amount of coconut oil on your hair as a moisturizing treatment. You can also use it overnight as a hair mask.
If used as an overnight treatment, put an old cloth or thin towel under your head to avoid staining your bed.
Argan oil is excellent as a moisturizing agent since it contains oleic acid and linoleic acid. Antioxidants such as vitamin e are also present. People who have used argan oil swear to the fact that it has protective properties for hair against heat that comes from styling gadgets and UV rays. However, there is no scientific research undertaken to verify these claims.
use argan oil to try to reduce frizz
- Apply a dime-sized amount of argan oil to wet hair prior to styling
- Ensure that everything is evenly dispersed from the root to tip of your hair
- Use either a comb or brush to evenly distribute the argan oil on your hair and comb it through using your fingers
It is crucial that you only use a minimal amount of oil since your hair may end up greasy looking if you use too much. Argan oil can also be used on dry hair or in-between styling treatments.
Avocado isn’t just an amazing hip food; it is superfood power-packed with ultra-nourishing ingredients, strengthening hair. It has vitamin a and e. Avocado is also full of moisture and can aid in the hydration of your hair and stop frizz.
Make this at-home avocado hair mask
- Get a medium-sized avocado and mash it
- Combine the mashed avocado with 2 to 4 tablespoons of oil until you have a smooth creamy like consistency. Work on the mixture until it isn’t runny
- Apply liberal amounts of the mask throughout your hair and scalp.
- Use a plastic covering for your hair and leave the avocado mixture on for up to 30 minutes
- Remove the mask by thoroughly shampooing your hair
You can use this hair mask every couple of weeks or so.
Eggs have plenty of fats, biotin, and vitamins. No evidence indicates that eggs stop frizz, but some people swear that an egg mask can promote hair health and make it shiny and frizz free. If you are allergic to eggs, skip this treatment.
egg mask for hair procedure
- Make two eggs frothy by intensely whipping them up
- Apply the egg mixture thoroughly to your hair and scalp
- Use a plastic covering on your hair and leave the egg mixture on for up to 15 minutes
- Shampoo thoroughly afterward
You can add more richness to this treatment by combining one egg with natural oils from coconut or argan nuts. Use the same method a couple of times a week.
Products that may help– best anti frizz spray for curly hair
The products in your hair care arsenal can either make your frizzy hair worse or stop it. Check out if your hair care products contain beneficial ingredients and ditch those containing alcohol and other harsh chemicals such as sodium and lauryl sulfate. The following are some beneficial products that will help stop frizz.
Hair serum can be infused into the hair to give shine and protection in humid conditions. Although hair serum doesn’t heal damaged hair, it is a protective factor against the elements and helps your hair retain moisture. When you choose a serum, look for products that have high-level moisturizing properties.
After you shampoo, you can use a leave-in conditioner and apply it in the same way you do a regular conditioner. However, instead of washing off the conditioner, you leave it to stay on your hair. Leave-in conditioners are a great help if you want softness and moisture for your hair and want it to be frizz free. Get a conditioner with a special formulation that makes it safe to be left on to your hair.
Hair masks are excellent at giving super doses of friendly ingredients to your hair to promote nourishment, moisturization, and stop frizz. Look for a product free of sulfates
Hacks to prevent frizzy hair– best anti frizz spray for curly hair
Don’t over shampoo
If you wash your hair too much, it can cause dryness and make it prone to frizzes. The result is unmanageable hair. A rest between washes should be given even to oily hair.
Frizz loves heat, so you must wash and rinse your hair in cold or lukewarm water. This procedure should be applied to styling as well. When using styling tools, don’t use the highest heat settings.
Always use a protectant on your hair or an anti-frizz product or smoothing cream before subjecting your hair to styling treatments.
You can’t guarantee that you will be indoors every time the weather elements are crushing it outside. However, you can apply some protection for your hair to stop the weather from wrecking it. In high humidity, cover your hair since doing so will make it more difficult for your hair to absorb moisture. Wear scarves and hats. A leave-in serum can also be beneficial.
Top 3 best anti frizz spray for curly hair
OUR TOP PICK!
Hair Milk Curl Refresher Spray for Curls
- REFRESH YOUR CURLS: Give curls, coils, kinks, & waves the renewing boost they need...
- DEEP MOISTURE FOR CURLY HAIR: Use Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Cleansing Conditioner,...
- HAIR MILK FOR NATURALLY CURLY HAIR: Created for naturally curly hair, from the...
- CAROL'S DAUGHTER CURLY HAIR PRODUCTS: Whether your curls are coiled, kinky, or loose,...
- MADE WITH LOVE: Carol's Daughter was born in a Brooklyn kitchen in 1993 & made with a...
This best anti frizz spray for curly hair results in a wet look several seconds after application. After that, this best anti frizz spray for curly hair will leave a delicious smelling curl popping effect. Although this product works great for straight hair types this best anti frizz spray for curly hair proves to be exceptional for curly styles. It may seem unusual for your hair to get wetted to lock the strands in place, but this best anti frizz spray for curly hair delivers on its promise. A few seconds after application, you will find that the product effectively dissolves as your curls pop out and become frizz free.
It is also a huge plus that this best anti frizz spray for curly hair comes in a big bottle which gives you value for money. The spray trigger is also ergonomically designed, so it is a pleasure to use. The bottle is designed to enable efficient product distribution. Despite the temporary wetness of this best anti frizz spray for curly hair, in the end, its performance is excellent. It revivifies curls, stops dryness, adds shine, and eliminates the frizz.
OGX Hydrate & Defrizz + Kukui Oil Anti-Frizz Hydrating Oil
- MAKE EVERY DAY A GOOD HAIR DAY: indulgently hydrating blend with kukui nut oil, an...
- FIGHT HUMIDITY; GLOSSY & FRIZZ FREE Luxuriate as you spray this lightweight oil...
- WE CAN HELP YOUR HAIR look naturally shiny and smooth, like the glossy shell of a...
- HELP PERFECTLY DEFINE & SMOOTH CURLS: After styling your damp hair, spritz it with...
- WE ARE BEAUTY PURE AND SIMPLE: After styling, spritz with OGX's hydrating formula to...
This best anti frizz spray for curly hair is one of the best drugstores finds and is as good as it gets. Shell out only $8 for this super luxurious nut oil-based best anti frizz spray for curly hair. Eliminate your frizz and also promote shine and nourish your hair. The product comes in efficient packaging that allows you to evenly distribute this best anti frizz spray for curly hair from your hair roots to tips. Your hair will come alive and be revivified once it touches the lightweight oils. When you brush your hair after applying this best anti frizz spray for curly hair, you will experience that everything glides effortlessly, and, in the end, you will not have to turn to more expensive options.
This best anti frizz spray for curly hair comes with an ergonomic applicator that dispenses the smallest amount on the product at a time. A little goes a long way, so don’t be deceived by the small package since a few spritzes on your hair will last you through the day. It is highly effective, and if you’re on a budget, consider this best anti frizz spray for curly hair option.
Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray
- It is recommended for daily use
- Can be used before styling for texture and hold
- Protecting sleek blowouts and curls alike
This best anti frizz spray for curly hair is simply amazing however, it is not the most affordable option out there. You will have to shell out a hefty $39 for a bottle.
It may seem too much, especially since you will be using it every day. However, if you have special occasions to attend to this best anti frizz spray for curly hair may just give you higher-level results. For example, if you have to go to an outdoor event, simply spritz this best anti frizz spray for curly hair, and your hair will get all day and all-night frizz protection. If you are attending formal events such as weddings and conferences, keep a bottle of this best anti frizz spray for curly hair on your bag so you will get the best hair in photo ops. This best anti frizz spray for curly hair is convenient and a pleasurable presence on your bathroom hair care arsenal. It is highly effective and goes above and beyond expectations.
Amazing hair is yours at the wave of the best anti frizz spray for curly hair bottle. The latest technologies have been harnessed in a bottle to give you supreme outcomes that will increase your charisma and confidence. Make your days simpler and more efficient, and stop battling it out with your curly hair. Getting ready for the day may just take a few seconds, and driving away bad hair only takes a few magic spritzes.