Creating a perfect side part, undercut or any other hairstyle is not as easy as it seems. It takes some practice and a keen eye to notice the small details that make a big (visual) difference. That being said, it doesn?t hurt to have some tips from pros beforehand ? after all, they know best! From your hair type to face shape, there are several things you need to take into account before rocking any hairstyle. But don?t worry; we got you covered! Keep reading for a breakdown of the most important factors when getting that perfect hair part.
Step 1: Decide on Your Hair Goal
The first thing you should decide is what you want your hair to look like. Do you want to change up your style completely? Or do you want to keep it similar? It?s important to keep in mind that a new hairstyle will change your look drastically. That being said, be sure to know what you want, as it?s not possible to change your hairstyle completely ? that would be too drastic.
Step 2: Determine Your Face Shape
The next step is to determine your face shape, so you can find the right hairstyle for you. After all, what works for one face shape may not work for another. You?ll need to consider a few things when determining your face shape: cheekbone depth, eyebrow shape, jawline depth, and the length of your face.
- Cheekbone depth: If you have high cheekbones, your face shape is likely oval. If your cheeks are wider than the rest of your face, you have a square face. And if your cheekbones are medium-sized, you have a round face.
- Eyebrow shape: Eyebrows can also tell you a lot about your face shape. If your brows are wide and arched, you have a wide face. If they?re short and straight, you have a long face. And if they?re thick and arched, you have a round face.
- Jawline depth: Another factor you should consider is jawline depth. A wide jawline has a wide face. A narrow jawline has a narrow face.
- Length of your face: The final factor to consider is the length of your face. If your face is longer than wide, you have a long face. And if it is as wide as it is long, you have a round face.
Step 3: Find the Right Hairstyle for You
Once you know your face shape, it?s time to find the right hairstyle for you. There are a few things you should take into account: your hair type, your hair length, and your desired style.
- Hair type: If you have thick hair, you might want to avoid a high fade or undercut. A hairstyle with lots of contrast (a high fade or undercut) will make your hair look even thicker.
- Hair length: Similarly, you should avoid hairstyles with lots of lengths if you have short hair. Otherwise, it will just look like a silly mullet.
- Desired style: If you want to create a sleek, groomed look, a side part would be a great choice. Alternatively, if you want to go for a more casual look, you could try a faux hawk.
Tip: Go For Natural-Looking Colour
If you?re opting for new hair color, you should go for natural-looking color. Otherwise, it might look like you?re trying too hard! There are several things you should keep in mind when picking a hair color. For one, you?ll need to determine your natural hair colour. This will help you rule out hair colours that aren?t suitable for your hair type. Once you know your natural hair color, you should look for hair colours within the same colour family. This will help you maintain a natural hair color.
Tip: Ask for a Razor Cut
If you want to create a perfect undercut, ask your barber for a razor cut. A razor cut is a type of undercut that leaves the hair on the sides and back of your head short while taking a razor to the top of your hair. Why would you want to do this? Well, the razor cut creates nice contrast: thick on top, short in the back and sides. This will draw attention to your face and make it look wider.
As you can see, there are several things you need to take into account when getting a haircut. Plus, these tips will help you achieve the perfect haircut for your face shape. A haircut is an easy way to change up your look and make a big visual impact. So, don?t be afraid to experiment with different hairstyles. However, before you do, make sure to consider all these factors.