There are several ways to increase the volume of your hair and one of them is by using volumizing mousse. Packed with fibers, proteins, and other natural ingredients like aloe vera, these mousses give your hair an instant boost in volume. They are easy to use and can be applied to damp or dry hair to achieve a big, bouncy look. There are different types of volumizing mousse available in the market and choosing the right one is essential for achieving the desired results. Keep reading to know more about it…
What is a volumizing mousse?
A volumizing mousse is a styling product that increases the volume and lift of your hair. It gives you the same bouncy look that a volumizing shampoo would give you. Some mousses also have fibers in them, that when applied to your hair, adhere to your existing hair strands, making your hair look thicker as well. Mousse is a water-based cream that is enriched with vitamins and proteins that help in nourishing and smoothing the hair. It is applied to the hair and scalp to provide a boost in volume and a healthy shine to the hair.
How does a volumizing mousse work?
There are two types of mousse available on the market – Volumizing Mousse and Volumizing Shampoo. Both of these products use different techniques to give your hair an instant boost in volume. While the shampoo uses ingredients like citric acid to increase the volume and bounce of your hair, a mousse is generally enriched with proteins, vitamins, and other minerals that help in improving the strength and shine of your hair. While certain mousses also come with fibers, the shampoos are the ones that are most effective in increasing volume. A volumizing shampoo is applied to the hair first, followed by the application of a mousse. The shampoo lifts up the hair from the scalp, allowing the mousse to reach the roots of the hair and provide a stronghold. When the shampoo and mousse are rinsed off, the hair locks itself back into place, giving it that volumized look.
Types of Volumizing Mousse
There are two types of mousse – Volumizing Mousse and Volumizing Shampoo.
Volumizing Shampoo – A volumizing shampoo is a type of shampoo that can be used to enhance the volume and thickness of your hair.
Volumizing Mousse – A volumizing mousse is a styling product that is applied to the hair to provide a boost in volume and a healthy shine to the hair. Both of these types of mousse use different techniques to give your hair an instant boost in volume. While the shampoo uses ingredients like citric acid to increase the volume and bounce of your hair, a mousse is generally enriched with proteins, vitamins, and other minerals that help in improving the strength and shine of your hair.
How to use volumizing mousse?
The key to using a mousse is to use as little as possible.
- The first thing to do is make sure that your hair is towel dry.
- Once it is, take a golf ball-sized amount of mousse and apply it to your hair and scalp by massaging gently. You can also spray some water on your hair to make it easier to apply the mousse.
- Let the mousse sit on your hair for 2-5 minutes depending on the instructions mentioned on the product’s label.
- Finally, wash off the mousse along with the water and use a conditioner if necessary.
Tips to increase volume with mousses
There are a few things you can do to make sure you get the maximum volume out of your mousse.
- Make sure your hair is clean and dry before applying the mousse to get the best results.
- Use the right amount of mousse: While a little bit of mousse goes a long way, you don’t want to overdo it. Most experts recommend using a golf ball-sized amount of mousse for shoulder-length hair. This should be enough to give your hair the right amount of volume.
- Apply the mousse on damp hair: Applying the mousse directly to dry hair can give your hair an unwanted texture. So make sure you apply the mousse on damp hair instead. The amount of dampness required varies from person to person.
- Wear your hair up: If you want to make sure your hair looks its best, wearing it up in a ponytail, bun, or any other updo is the way to go.
A volumizing mousse is an easy and quick way to add volume to your hair. Without having to wait for weeks for your hair to grow back, you can achieve the look you want in no time. Mousse can be used on both wet and dry hair to give you the desired results. Now that you know how a volumizing mousse works and the different types available, you can easily pick the one that is right for you.